If you’re like me and you love a bit of cheese every once in a while then you will absolutely love this!!
I decided the other day that I fancied a pasta bake but didn’t fancy anything with tomato as cooked tomato usually makes me feel quite unwell. I googled different types of cheesy pasta bakes and found one that sounded perfect; Cheese and broccoli pasta bake.
What I used:
- 1 and a half blocks of cheese (This was to feed 3 people, not just me!!)
- 1 whole broccoli
- 3 cups of pasta
- 25 grams of plain flour
- 25 grams of butter
- 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
- 300ml milk
What I did:
- First things first I boiled the pasta for around 5-7 minutes before adding the broccoli to boil for a further 5 minutes.
- Whilst these were boiling, I melted the butter in a separate pan and added the flour until it started to become thick. When it started to become thick I added the milk bit by bit and stirring well in between.
- I then added the mustard, followed by the cooked pasta, broccoli and finally half of the grated cheese.
- After all of these were nicely mixed together I put it all into an oven dish and topped it with the other half of the cheese.
- I then cooked it at 200 degrees for 20 minutes but this is my personal preference as I like it to be crispy.
And that is how easy it was to make something that my mum, boyfriend and myself enjoyed! Thank you for reading 🙂